Individual and family therapy services are provided in our client’s homes or other suitable community settings. Our services are designed to benefit clients who for a variety of reasons have not had access to or responded well to traditional office-based services.
Our clients include
- Children and teenagers who are experiencing difficulties at home, in school or in the community due to anger, depression, oppositional behaviors, inability to focus, aggression toward adults or peers, anxiety, learning disabilities, mood disorders and poor social skills.
- Children and teenagers who have experienced trauma due to physical or emotional abuse including sexual abuse.
- Children who are in foster care or Juvenile Justice Authority custody.
- Frail and elderly adults
- Individuals with physical or intellectual disabilities
- Individuals with chronic medical conditions that significantly impact their day to day functioning
Individual and family therapy is offered to address a wide range of issues including:
- Mood Disorders
- Oppositional Behaviors
- Family Violence
- Child Neglect/Abuse
- Attachment Issues
- Parent/Teen Conflict
- Sibling Conflict
- Marital Separation/Divorce
- Learning Disabilities
- Developmental Delays
- Little/No Community Connections – Isolation
- Drug/Alcohol Abuse
Where we work
All services are provided in the home, school or other community setting that will enhance the family’s receptivity to services and support desired change objectives.
We currently work with families in the northern Kansas communities of Johnson, Wyandotte, Leavenworth, Douglas, Atchison, Miami and Franklin counties. (see our area map)
Individuals and families covered by KanCare (Kansas Medicaid program managed by United Health Care, Sunflower State and Amerigroup) are eligible to receive individual and family therapy with no out of pocket costs.